Twitter is a social media website where 140 character messages, “tweets,” are displayed in real time. Josef’s tweets are pulled into the website on the front page and some other locations, but if you are a user of twitter, you can have him on your twitter feed by following him.
If you just want to see Josef’s Twitter Feed
Visit it directly at: https://twitter.com/JosefSchachter
If you want to use Twitter and follow Josef (and others)
- Go to to www.twitter.com and register a new account.
- Visit https://twitter.com/JosefSchachter and you will see a “follow” button:
- Click Follow and now, when you visit your Twitter home page, you will see all of Josef’s tweets.
- To add other people, click on Find people in the top right menu.
- Type in a username or a first or last name in the search box and click Search.
- When you find the person you are looking for click Follow on the right side of their name.
- The “Follow” button should change to say “Following” with a check mark and then their status updates (tweets) will show up on your Twitter home page from now on.
- If the “Follow” button changes to “Pending” then the person has set limits on who can follow them and you have to wait to be approved.
Refunds are not offered, but cancellations can be processed at any time. Here are the steps.
- Log in using your account credentials.
- Visit the “My Account” page.
- Click “Subscriptions.”
- Click to “View” the appropriate subscription.
- Click “Cancel” next to “Actions.”
- Your subscription will now say “Pending Cancellation.” This status means you will not be charged, but allows you to retain your access until your paid subscription has fully run its course. When the subscription term has finished, the status switches automatically to cancelled, and you are not charged.
If you find the text on the Schachter Energy Report (or any website) too small to comfortably read, all browsers can adjust font size through browser settings. Here are instructions for Chrome, our recommended browser, as well as Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Use the three dots settings menu in the upper right hand of the browser.
- You will see a zoom choice, with a plus and minus to choose your zoom level.
- Use the ger settings menu in the upper right hand of the browser, under the minimize, maximize, and close icons.
- You will see a zoom choice in a submenu, with a choice to select a custom level of zoom.
- Use the three lines settings menu in the upper right hand of the browser.
- You will see a zoom choice, with a plus and minus to choose your zoom level.
The Schachter Energy Report is a members only, monthly report on market events and trends, as well as various covered companies. The archive is available to logged-in members under the “Reports” menu item on the website. As with all reports, click any image to enlarge it.
The Schachter Energy Report always has three pages, under this subnavigation header:
The current page is highlighted in a darker colour to show which is selected. Below are details of the subject matter of each of these sections.
Josef provides a welcome and introduction on the first page, and then takes a detailed overview through the global market conditions and events that are combining to create values and projections in the energy market.
As the monthly Schachter Energy Reports continue, each issue will cover several more companies until we reach a list of approximately 20-25 which meet our coverage criteria. The current coverage list will be updated in each issue, and the most recent list will reside on the Company Coverage page.
This last page shows summary tables and provides a platform for Josef to respond directly to Q&A from Schachter Energy Report members who have sent in questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you get to the bottom of each page, there is a footer menu that allows you to navigate forwards or backwards through the pages. It looks like this:
Here are some other fast facts:
- Schachter Energy Reports are published once a month, usually in the last week of the month
- You access your reports digitally – we send a notification e-mail, you sign in and view. Make sure “email@example.com” is on your safe senders list (instructions to whitelist e-mails for various mail programs can be found at the link).
- Your user name was sent to you during your registration process. Make sure to remember your password! If you need it, you can use the “forgot my password” process on the log in page.
To ensure you are getting your important, timely messages from the Schachter Energy Report, please ensure that the e-mail address “firstname.lastname@example.org” is whitelisted in your mail program. Whitelisting (or adding an address to a “safe senders list”) ensures messages from the Schachter Energy Report are not perceived as spam.
Here’s a tutorial on whitelisting from Campaign Monitor, our mail delivery system. It covers instructions for the following mail programs:
- Apple Mail (OS X and iOS devices)
- Outlook 20xx
- Yahoo! Mail
- Gmail (Webmail and mobile)
- Android (Default client)
- Windows Live Desktop>
- AOL Mail
Hotmail users should ensure they click “it’s not spam” if messages are appearing in the spam folder:
We ask you to provide all personal information in the first section. Every field marked with an asterisk is required. Thanks for letting us know where you heard about the Schachter Energy Report!
Please note that in the password field, you are choosing the password you are going to use going forward. Make sure it is something you can remember! It must be more than eight characters. If you forget your password, here are the instructions to retrieve it.
A summary is then shown, showing the charges, and the renewal date. Renewals are automatic. (If required, here are the instructions to cancel a subscription.) The example shown is an annual Schachter Energy Report subscription. Whatever subscription you have chosen will be displayed here; there is nothing to do in this section but review and ensure it is correct.
At this stage, you choose what payment method you prefer. For PayPal, you need a PayPal account. For Credit Card, you don’t need an account, you just add your number in a secure pop-up.
You must also agree to the Terms & Conditions to proceed.
Process through the payment method of your choice. When you have successfully purchased, you will receive e-mailed receipts, and you will see a version of this screen with your details:
Log in and View Reports
First, make sure you are already logged out of the system. Visit the log-in page, and you will see a “Lost your password?” link, as shown. Click it, and an e-mail will be sent to you which allows you to reset your password.
First, the purchaser (“Purchaser”) must log out of their current account. Then, they follow the same process as registering for a subscription, but create an account for the intended recipient (“Recipient”).
- 1. Go to Subscriptions
- 2. Purchase new subscription
- 3. Enter e-mail address and contact information for the Recipient
- 4. Enter billing address information and credit card information of Purchaser
- 5. Submit order
An account will be created for the Recipient, but billing information will in be the Purchaser’s name. To change billing after purchase, the Recipient will need to update billing information.
Due to a plugin interaction, some accounts have been caching and incorrectly blocking user access. If you are having any issues with your access to the Schachter Energy Report restricted pages, please try clearing your cache using the following instructions:
If you have any other issues or questions, please contact support.
The Schachter Energy Report comes out at the end of every month.
No. Please do not share your username or password with anyone. If we discover that you are abusing your access privileges we may cancel your online access without notice. Unauthorized use of your Username and Password is strictly prohibited.
Subscribers may use browser printing tools to print any report, update, or alert, provided it is for your own personal use and that you respect all copyright restrictions regarding non-distribution of the content you print from this website.
For a better formatting experience, we recommend using the Print Friendly browser extension that allows you to create PDFs or print your document. Within this extension, you can remove unwanted content to help you print your document.
Here is the link to Print Friendly browser extension:
Webinars will be held once a quarter. You will receive an invitation to the webinar in advance and an e-mail reminder beforehand.
Action Alerts are time sensitive. When any company listed on our Coverage List hits a pre-established target level we will issue an Action Alert to your e-mail address. You need to log in to your account to view the Alert and then determine what action, if any, you wish to take.
The intention is to issue the Interim Updates midway between the monthly newsletters, however if there is some material information that is time sensitive regarding any company on our Coverage List, we may send an update as soon as that information is available.
You can purchase subscriptions via Visa, Mastercard, or debit through Paypal.
All subscriptions are set up for automatic renewal to ensure uninterrupted delivery of your newsletter (for Energy Report Subscribers), Interim Updates and Action Alerts (for Black Gold Subscribers) and Archive access. Renewal can be cancelled through your account. A few months before the end of your subscription, you will be notified it is set to renew soon.
Once you are logged in using your existing password, you can change your e-mail address, password, and any other personal information – as well as upgrading your current subscription.
Yes they are. Please ensure you remember your username and password exactly.
The Members section is available here. You’ll need to enter your personal Username and Password. You can bookmark the SER login page on your computer for quick access.